A Lenawee County Nursing Home with a History Of Care
We are privileged to serve as a nursing home to the elders of Lenawee County, Michigan since 1970, when Lenawee Medical Care Facility opened, under the direction of the Lenawee County Department of Human Services Board.
From the beginning, we have been dedicated to being the best skilled nursing facility in Southeastern Michigan. Because of this dedication to our residents and the skilled care they deserve, we have transformed the old model of a nursing home into a new vision with a cultural change. This transformation enables a nursing home to change from a medical model into a nurturing, thriving habitat that our seniors enjoy.
Our staff has worked hard to make this transformation successful, finding ways to express our commitment to the people of this community and to each other.
We are privileged and honored to have a compassionate and future-focused team of individuals leading and working with Lenawee Medical Care. If you have questions or concerns about placing your loved one in a nursing home, please contact one of our Admissions Coordinators, Kelly McNicol (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sheryl Mohr (email@example.com) at (517) 263-6794.
National and State Recognition as a Quality Nursing Home
We first strive to achieve the approval of our residents, to make sure they are living comfortably, happily, and secure. In our efforts to do so, we have received recognition across the state and the nation, exhibiting our commitment to our residents and the future of skilled care in Michigan:
- Michigan Governor's Quality Care Award 2002
- Calvin H. Monfils Facility Excellence Award 2004 & 2006
- NAHCA National Facility of the Year Award 2005
- Michigan Award of Excellence Award 2006 & 2007
- American College of Healthcare Administrators Leadership Excellence Award 2006 & 2007
- American Health Care Association, Bronze - Commitment To Excellence Award 2007
- American Health Care Association, Silver - Achievement In Quality Award 2009
- Health Care Association of Michigan, Family Satisfaction Survey 2007
- My InnerView's: EXCELLENCE IN ACTION Award 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 & 2013
- Consumer's Research Council of America, America's Top Nursing Homes 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011
- AdvisorMed's Great American Nursing Home Award 2011
- American College of Health Care Administrators - Michigan Chapter - Distinguished Administrator Award - 2010
- Michigan Dietary Manager Association Administrator of the Year - 2005 - 2006
- US News & World Report: Recognized Among America's Best Nursing Home 2011, 2012 & 2013
- MPRO Governor's Award of Excellence - 2014
Patients Enjoy Life in our Skilled Nursing Home Facility
Because our nursing home is structured into mini senior care communities, our residents are members of neighborhoods within the facility. We have eight households in the nursing home, each with an active, closely connected community of elders who participate in a variety of senior living activities.
As a long-term care facility, we embrace all aspects of senior care, to include rehabilitative therapy, therapeutic recreation, nursing care, and skilled nursing volunteer care. Lenawee Medical Care Facility is not just a nursing home; we have a wonderfully engaged community of seniors who are enjoying the latter years of their life, while getting the quality care they need.